This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to lead the international expansion of the B2C sales of our ground-breaking in-car air cleaning device, the ‘airbubbl’ and make a real impact.
You will be working with an exciting mix of distributors, agents and retailers as well as marketing professionals, scientists and engineers, medical specialists and sustainability and CSR professionals.
The goal is to drive rapid sales growth through an effective sales and distribution strategy.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and oversee the overall business development strategy
- Determine key business development KPIs
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Build strong relationships with industry professionals and influencers
- Negotiate commercial deals and prepare client contracts, device client finance schemes
- Identify, select, set up and manage international distributors
- Sign up ‘bricks & mortar’ and online retailers and negotiate terms of business
- Arrange lead generation process
- Organise after-sales support and monitor and manage its performance
- Manage, support and train members of your team, develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
- Set up, maintain and develop customer records
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Seek out the appropriate contact in prospective client organisations
- Understand the needs of customers and users and convey these effectively to the rest of the organisation
- Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Provide inputs into the promotional strategy and activities and work constructively with the marketing department
- Work closely together with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments
- Contribute to the professional reputation of the organization
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the market.
Required experience and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in leading business development and sales management in the B2C sector
- Experience in international distributor management and senior level corporate account management
- Network of current contacts with major European distributors and retailers
- Experience in penetrating into B2C retailers and launching a new product category
- Proven sales track record
- Experience with customer support systems
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proficiency in English, ideally 2 other European languages
- Relevant market knowledge: consumer healthcare, wellbeing or lifestyle products
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or equivalent
Airlabs is one of the world’s leading pioneers in clean air technology. Its mission is to tackle the air quality crisis facing cities around the world with advanced and cost-effective solutions to reduce the air pollution exposure of people around the world.
Its international team of atmospheric chemistry scientists, air quality sensor experts and airflow engineering specialists has developed state-of-the-art and scientifically proven solutions for measuring and mapping urban air quality, removing particulate and gaseous pollutants from indoor and outdoor air in urban environments and controlling air flows to make the most effective use of clean air. Its most-recent innovation is the airbubbl in-car air cleaner.